07 January 2007

Bachelor’n It

As you can see, with Lauren in the States with her family until Friday, I have kind of let things go a bit around here. Sure showering, cleaning, and civilized table manners are great, but sometimes it’s nice to go back to my old grad school days of wearing warm-ups, eating out of cookware, and letting the laundry pile up around me. Throughout all of this though, you can be assured by the logo on my bright orange PennDOT shirt, that I am “thinking safety”—no domestic accidents on my watch, despite the beer and hot cookware. Yep, this bachelor life is pretty great…pretty great. Yep, yep, I’m livin’ the dream.

OK, when’s Lauren getting back?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two objects in that picture really caught my eye...
1) Moby Dick... are you reading it? It took me a couple of tries when I was younger, but now it's among my favorites.
2) Boddingtons... love it, but so expensive here. Is it more of a "MGD" kind of beer (attitude, not quality) in England?

Lauren said...

Hey Jason,

Good work identifying unique objects in that mess of photo. Yes, my Grandmom got that impressively thick copy of Moby Dick for me for Christmas, and I have started it and am really enjoying it--a real sea-faring masterpiece. I’m glad to recommend it too! And yes, Boddingtons is a real staple beer here, a “bitter”, so its thick and creamy and we really like it. England definitely does have some great beers, and you get a whole pint instead of 12oz.

Thanks for the comment, we should just post random pictures of stuff in our flat and see what people comment on. Have a good one!