16 April 2007

The Graveyard Shift

We’re way behind on posts, which seems to be par for the course these days. At the moment, we are still enjoying Mom (Lou Ann)’s wonderful visit. We have loads of pictures and stories from our Great Britain Roadtrip and Weekend in Wales coming up.

Before that, though, I had to share one quick story. The weekend was unseasonably warm and sunny, so we went for a walk last night. The closest pretty place to walk is this large cemetery up the road from our flat. When we got there, it was about 5 til 5, and the cemetery closes at 5. I advocated walking around the outside of it, but Nick said, “Oh, live a little and walk through the graveyard!” We had a lovely stroll to the back gate…which was locked. We then had a lovely but nervous stroll to the side gate….which was locked. We then had a much quicker walk to the front gate – also locked! Our only choice was to climb over the wall. The experience of breaking out of the cemetery with my mom will stay with me always!

5 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

behind on posts? no such thing. (even though I seem to blog at an uncanny like clock work every morning or so, I think that blogging should be a pleasure, not a job.) I mean, it's not like we're getting paid...

Or are you?

Martha said...

Hehehe. I have a great mental image of you climbing over the wall, hastily looking around to make sure no authorities were about, and then nonchalantly strolling back to your flat! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Martha

Anonymous said...

Big Brother was most certainly watching. I guess you learned something about British culture, things actually happen on time, as in the gates actually closed at 5pm. Keep learning!!

Anonymous said...

The image of Lou Ann going over the fence just makes me laugh. Of course, Nick just hurdled and Lauren flew over. Love, Jan

Anonymous said...

This event seemed really appropriate to me. I feel like I've been sneaking away from the cemetary all this year. Thanks to many many prayers and lots of great support I feel like I really am over the wall. Celebrate!!!!