05 June 2007

The Blog is dead. Long live the Blog.

I know what you are all thinking (the 1-2 family members who are still reading this thing). Three posts in May? Are they kidding? Do they hope to keep my interest drip feeding a post every 10 days!?

Before you go and find another blog about a funny American couple living in England, hear us out.

April/May has been the season of visitors around here, and we have been high-tailing it all over this island and beyond. We’re both working full time now too, and it’s been a bit of an adjustment trying to keep up with things around the house and balancing our social lives here with work and visitors.

I know what you’re thinking: lame excuses…and you’re right. We’re going to try to pull this thing together, and I’m setting the bold goal of doubling our posts in June. Look for a full 6 posts this month (most of which are needed just to get us back to the present), with potential for July to shoot right through the roof. For now we’ll take it a post at a time.

To start us off, we have a few pictures from trips with our last few visitors to get out there to the masses. After our great trip to Scotland with Lauren’s mom, we headed into northern Wales to check out a strange and wonderful place on the coast created as an experiment by a welsh architect: the Italianate village of Portmerrion. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time walking and enjoying the beach there. Looking at the pictures now, I realize that was the last nice weekend for a month…Lou Ann sure knows how to bring the right weather.

1 comment:

Sarah Louise said...

ooh, another slideshow! I've been remiss in posting too, but knowing me, that means not blogging for a coupla days. Good to see you have brought it back, this insomniac Pgh girl has been enjoying catching up. Loved the pics of the Burdette boys--grow em tall?

And I'll congrats to Nick here for the award, since I think I'm going to go forage for food now.

We miss you! Don't forget us! Please come back!!

But until then, the slideshows rock. I have to figure out how to get my Picasas onto the web (right now they just live on my hard drive...)