30 March 2007

mm, mm roadkill

The funniest moment of my week:

I was riding with the two Ollies (IE’s two directors are both named Oliver) to my first client meeting, and the second Ollie (not of Ollie and Claire) turned to me and said, “The greatest thing happened this morning!” I was expecting a big sale, or maybe something related to his family. But no: “I picked up a deer!”

“You WHAT?”

“I picked up a deer! It’s my first one: it was in the middle of the road, freshly killed, nice size. It’s in the boot (trunk) of my car.”

“What are you going to do with it?”

“Skin it and eat it. I can’t wait! I can’t take it home until tomorrow night, though.” (and yes, that means the deer sat in the car for two day. Gulp.)

Although initially repulsive, the image of Ollie in his Savile Row hand-tailored suit, loading a big deer into his small boot, is hilarious. Nick and I came up with these taglines for this moment:

“Savile Row suits: as individual as you are.”

“Brits are taking sustainability to whole new levels.”

I also have to note that before this moment I thought "eat roadkill" was only a punchline to "You might be a redneck if you..."

Endnote: Nick is a big proponent of finding pictures to go with our blog, but I thought this time I would spare you the search results of “photos: roadkill to dine for”!

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

ew, roadkill. I'm sure there's some law in Leviticus about why you shouldn't eat something killed by a car that sat for two days...

So Oliver is still a oft used name on your side of the pond? I was surprised that I know two Olivers under the age of two on our side.

Painty said...

Mr Westmanncott - the Godfather of our daughter eating roadkill! :)

Ace - He really does want to be Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall doesn't he!

send hom this link...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article723196.ece