11 November 2007

Candace Rae, Aquanaut

There's a chance that you don't know Candi, since she hasn't made the trip to visit us yet. Most of you, though, probably already know that she has been a dear, dear friend of mine since kindergarten, that we went to 'university' (as I now always say instead of college, which causes Nick to shake his head at me in shame of my growing vocabulary of Brit-speak) in the same city, and that she was one of my bride maids.

What you may not know is that Candi is getting ready to complete a three-day stint as an aquanaut! She will be living and studying under the ocean with Project SeaCAMEL. If you're interested in learning more, such as reading the mission blog, finding out how Candi will be spending her time, and reading her profile, check out the mission site here.

On another note, one of the guys I works with sends some of us our profiles and the word of the day every day. A couple weeks ago the word was aquanaut. Amazing coincidence, I know. :-)

No comments: